Positive Affirmations: The Good That They Can Do | Aesthetically Pleasing

Positive Affirmations: The Good That They Can Do

Source
A few days ago while scrolling my life away on our Tumblr dashboard I came across a post that caught me slightly off guard. It was nothing bizarre but the message that stood out made me seriously happy. Allow me to share some of this happiness with you.

Positive affirmations.

What are they? According to the ever so handy Dictionary.com, affirmations are defined as "the assertion that something exists or is true."

Just the other day I was speaking with a close friend of mine, Cameron, about her experience with affirming the positive. She would wake up each morning declaring good health for her body, productivity for the day, and overall joy for the following days. It sounded quite odd to me but according to her it actually worked. She'd feel energized, ready to accomplish the day's goals all while feeling incredibly happy. How is this possible? How can our mental thoughts and words be capable of this? Easy. The act of verbalizing and mentally declaring an action, a thought, a feeling has the power of mobilizing actions.

Even religious institutions enforce this idea. Buddhism teaches the power of the mind, encouraging its faithful followers to free themselves from mental obstructions, including negative, frivolous thinking. In Buddhism there's this popular phrase that goes along like this: "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Christianity follows suit. Proverbs 18:21 says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits" which basically boils down to the simple fact that what we say and what we think are beyond powerful. Whether it leads to a path of self destruction or success, we should all be aware of the power we possess - within our mind and tongue. 

Isabelle Nicole, founder of Afros and Prose, a blog dedicated to her written work, photography, and videography, wrote these encouraging words that I would like for both you and I to repeat and reaffirm each waking moment:


 - My feelings and experiences are valid and deserve the utmost respect.

 - I can, should, and will take care of myself and surround myself with good, positive energy.

 - I will no longer make excuses for others' behavior. If I feel that someone is not contributing positively to my life, I will move forward without them. 

 - I am intelligent, beautiful, talented, and worthy of love.

 - I will become the woman that I envision myself to be.

 - I am deserving of all good things. 


Repeat and believe. If we have the power to change the course of our lives why not start by affirming the positive? I will succeed. I will have a productive morning. I will start taking care of my mental, physical, and spiritual health. I am a deserving human being. Do you see where this can go? Simply change your thoughts and words, and soon they'll become actions. It's truly that simple. 

Repeat and believe.

Repeat and believe.

Repeat and believe and you'll begin seeing the changes you've always desired. 

- Genesis


Do you believe in positive affirmations? What are some of the things you like to say to yourself? Have they worked and in what way?


Don't forget to like our page on Facebook, follow us on
  Tumblr, and tweet to us on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post on Positive Affirmations. I am very happy to read. Thanks for providing great information. Thanks.
    Positive Affirmations for Women

    ReplyDelete