Summer Styling | Jumbo Twists | Aesthetically Pleasing

Summer Styling | Jumbo Twists



I gave up on styling my natural locs this summer and opted for a protective style, large Senegalese twists. I usually get the jumbo braids-Janet Jackson style- but I decided to go with the Senegalese twists this time. I'm so glad I did; it only took 5 hours to install- as opposed to the usual 6+ with braids.

It's been such a relief having these in this summer! I don't have to worry about the frizz that comes with humidity or sweating out my hair. The twists have been a lot of fun to style and have cut down my time getting ready for work in the morning!

My biggest worry with them was that they wouldn't last long. In the past, my twists have started to fray and frizz very early on and proved to be more of a waste of time and money than braids. I've only had them for about 2 weeks, but so far, they are holding up quite nicely.

I'm very hopeful about my hair growth this summer. I've experienced some major length this year after months of consecutive protective styling- from braids to weave,to more weave to this. I'm expecting when I take these out at the end of the summer I will have gained some inches!

Check out some of the ways I've styled them below!!

(Bathroom selfie :P)

Perfect up-do for work!

-----

What's your summer hair style? What is your favorite protective style?

-Anna Son

1 comment:

  1. nice blogs
    Ayurvedic Treatments
    Escape the confines of time and immerse yourself in one of our perfectly packaged Ayurvedic journeys for relaxation of the mind, body and soul.

    ReplyDelete