Film Photography: I Think I Found My One True Love | Aesthetically Pleasing

Film Photography: I Think I Found My One True Love

Courtesy Tumblr.com

We live in a society continuously bombarded with new technology only heightening our love for gizmos that promise to make our lives a little better than yesterday. Now this can be overwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I'm a supporter for all things new, weird, and insanely futuristic, but sometimes I like to go back to "prehistoric" times and play around with toys (and by toys I mean cameras) no longer popular or in use.

So where does this yearning for the past take me me? Simple. Film Cameras. I love them. I need them. I can't get enough of them. I f***king love film. Please, excuse my French but I can't help contain my excitement whenever I speak of this subject. For those who've never laid hands on a camera such as the Nikon Pentax K1000 I sincerely pity you. You probably think I'm crazy and overly enthusiastic but give me the chance to justify this obsession of mine.

It was three years ago when I first took a photography course. I've always been intrigued by photography and decided to take the chance to educate myself more about it. Around this time my instructor began introducing me to film cameras - God bless you Hanson. At first the instructions seemed tedious and I quickly lost interest. It was until I was given my first assignments when I slowly began to understand Hanson's preference for analog cameras and film photography.

After playing with the Pentax K1000 a few times I started to enjoy the process of making my own photographs. From taking actual pictures to developing my own film to processing the negative film in a dark room I realized just how much I was loving film photography. It was my escape. And each day in class I looked forward to learn and practice more. Fortunately, I was able to produce countless photographs that I cherish till this day. 

My Photographs


Now, I love digital photography but there's something about film photography that makes me so damn happy. Programs like Photoshop make it so easy to retouch photography but with film you're left to accept the "ugly" marks as they are; they give your work a different touch. On the other hand, some may argue that analog takes up too much time, in fact, it does. But that's another reason why it's admired by people like me. As an artist  my hands are my greatest treasures, with them I create. Film photography forces you to create photographs literally from nothing. Each step is crucial so taking your time is essential if you want a good photograph. This long process makes you work on craftsmanship and truly appreciate and improve your artistry. Film photography will always be a classic. Its look, its feel, and its history makes you grateful for the innovations of the past and love photography even more.

Since finishing that class it's been difficult developing new film and finding dark rooms to process my negatives. But this hindrance doesn't stop me from continuing my fascination and love for film. I still buy 35 mm film and still take pictures with my Pentax K1000. 


I love my babies!
More Photographs



For those who find film photography intriguing or are curious to know more about it I compiled a list of all my favorite Tumblr blogs dedicated to analog photography. Check them out and be inspired. 

Tumblr Blogs



Have you guys ever tried film photography? If so, what did you guys like most about it?

Comment below!

- Genesis 

5 comments:

  1. Watch NEW PINOY MOVIE and LIVE TV here in HD CLICK HERE

    download NEW PINOY HD MOVIE application for ANDROID CLICK HERE

    download NEW PINOY HD MOVIE application for IOS apple device CLICK HERE

    LIKE US ON NEW FB PINOY HD MOVIE UPDATE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch NEW PINOY MOVIE and LIVE TV here in HD CLICK HERE

    download NEW PINOY HD MOVIE application for ANDROID CLICK HERE

    download NEW PINOY HD MOVIE application for IOS apple device CLICK HERE

    LIKE US ON NEW FB PINOY HD MOVIE UPDATE

    ReplyDelete
  3. mayroon kabang gamit na gusto mong ibenta? post mona dito siguradong mabibili yan sa Anunsyo.ph

    baka may hinahanap ka na gusto mong bilin? nandito din yan sa Anunsyo.ph

    o baka gusto mo maaliw sa mga prank/funny/entertainment video at funny picture LIKE mo kami sa FB Social Video

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thought of having to develop your own film sounds a bit daunting and challenging.

    I've recently started to fall in love with film photographs, for the many reasons you've mentioned. There seems to be nothing like it in digital photography, and whereas digital strives to result in perfect photographs, analogue is perfect in its imperfections.

    I thought an easy way to start would be with instant film, and am now obsessed with the idea of getting hold of an instant film camera - preferably a working instant polaroid (SX-70 or 100 series Land Camera), but they are difficult to find here. Perhaps if I have no option I might give Fuji's instax cameras a go, but the film choices are limited. What are your thoughts on instant film photography?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hot desi girl dance
    Bvido, One of the best video portal for watching dance, funny videos, hot dancing videos, hot desi girl dance, desi girl hot dance, hot dance mujra, punjabi dance party and lot of more. Watch Now.

    ReplyDelete