Crazy for Coconut | Aesthetically Pleasing

Crazy for Coconut




I'm crazy for coconuts. Not only does coconut taste absolutely amazing (well, at least for me) its nutrients are extremely beneficial if you want healthy, beautiful hair and skin. Ever since I became a natural (I no longer put relaxers on my hair for those who are unfamiliar with this word) I've become loyal to anything coconut related. You'll find that after applying coconut milk and/or oil your once lifeless, dry hair will become soft and supple to the touch. No wonder so many women rave about it! And I just happen to be one of them. 

Before I share the following Coconut Deep Conditioner recipe I'd like to share some of the benefits of using coconut oil/milk in your haircare routine. The benefits are boundless for your hair, skin, and overall health. But for this post's purposes I'll list the benefits for hair, both natural and relaxed. 

Benefits of Coconut Oil/Milk:
  • Reduces protein loss 
  • Helps in hair regrowth 
  • Reduces dandruff and itching 
  • Keeps hair free from lice and lice eggs 
  • Reduces frizz
  • Natural conditioner 
  • Seals in moisture 


Now that you've read a few of the benefits you can feel confident that this conditioner will make your hair soft as a cloud. Trust me, try it and you'll become loyal to the coconut. 


Coconut Deep Conditioner

Ingredients:
  • Coconut Milk
  • Coconut Oil
  • Olive Oil
(yes, it's that simple)

Directions:
  • Place an even amount of each ingredient in a blender and liquefy until you've reached a smooth consistency (measure the ingredients according to your hair length). 
  • Part hair in four sections and hold with hair clips or hair bands. 
  • Massage the deep conditioner until your hair and scalp are fully drenched. I recommend massaging the conditioner for 5 minutes per hair section, it'll stimulate blood circulation which promotes hair growth.
  • After all the sections are fully covered wrap your hair with a plastic bag. The plastic bag will cause the conditioner to heat up and help achieve greater end results (its the cheaper version of hair steamers). 
  • Let the conditioner sit for 45 minutes to an hour. 
  • Rinse then shampoo and condition as usual.



Hopefully I've convinced you to try this coconut conditioner. Your hair will thank you, love you, and adore you. Don't believe me? Try it and get back to us for your comments. 

Write your comments down below!

xoxo

- Genesis 

No comments:

Post a Comment